Skip to main content (Press Enter).
Skip auxiliary navigation (Press Enter).
Code of Conduct
The Worldwide Corrosion Authority
Engage with NACE International
Become A Volunteer
Join A Community
Skip main navigation (Press Enter).
on this day
between these dates
My Volunteer Profile
NACE International Institute Certification Board Volunteer Opportunity
< return to list
Thursday, August 31, 2017
Friday, September 01, 2017
Saturday, June 30, 2018
Specialty Board of Oil / Gas Production and Process Facility Corrosion Certifications
The NACE International Institute (NII) Certification commission is looking for members to join a newly established board which will focus on certifications related to corrosion and corrosion prevention in Oil and Gas Production and Process facilities.
The NII Certification program is focused on developing world class certifications to meet the skills demands of the corrosion industry. Our goal is to deliver the “gold standard” in corrosion certifications across a broad range of industry aligned skills using a standardized, legally defensible, certification development and delivery process.
Our certifications are designed by the field for the field and uses sound development processes to ensure our certification card holders meet and exceed industry expectations.
Applicants will need to meet the requirements below to be qualified for a Board position unless otherwise stated:
1. Be a member in good standing with NACE International and NII (all members of NACE are also members of the Institute unless they have requested, in writing, not to be)
2. Have sufficient relative industry experience based on the following areas of expertise:
For candidates with an MR0175 background
i. Hold a valid MR0175 Certified User – CRA or Carbon Steel Certification
ii. Two (2) years relevant experience (documented) and a degree in one of the following: Metallurgy, Material Science, Chemical Engineering, Applied Chemistry, Mechanical Engineering or Corrosion
iii. Five (5) years relevant experience with 2 years in responsible charge (documented)
For candidates with a Refining Corrosion background
i. Hold a valid NACE Institute Refining Corrosion Technologist Certification
ii. Bachelor's Degree in Physical Sciences or Engineering plus 2 years verifiable corrosion work experience in the refining industry
iii. High School Diploma or GED plus 4 years verifiable Corrosion work experience in the refining industry
3. Must not have conflict of duty by holding a management or voting position in a corresponding education/training committee of a non-Institute training organization whereby that committee is managing or developing training that can lead directly to a NACE Institute certification
4. Should be well versed and supportive of the development processes required by credentialing bodies such as NII, NCCA or ISO 17024
5. Sign and uphold strict confidentially when required as it pertains to the NII and the certification program offered
6. Will serve an initial term of one (1) year with the possibility of renewing up to a maximum of five (5) years
The following responsibilities are required for a Board position:
• Work within a designated Specialty board program scope / areas to determine the needs of the industry.
• Research and identify opportunities and seek industry and government specification of certification programs.
• Assist in the definition of the levels of certification, along with the requirements of each level.
• Act as technical expert as needed
• Assist in the various development stages of the certification process
• Identify cases where any updates (minor or major) maybe required for a given certification within the Specialty board program focus areas
(5 open slots)
Do you know someone who would enjoy this unique opportunity?
Board of Directors
Volunteer With NACE
About the Program
Sections & Areas
Courses by Program
Register for a Course
Host a Course
Become an Instructor
Join a Committee
Form a Committee
Forms and Manuals
Newly Formed Committee
Code of Conduct
© NACE International. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by Higher Logic